UPV Tacloban College is champion at 20th NFJPIA Regional Midyear Convention
The University of the Philippines Visayas Tacloban College (UPVTC) was declared over-all Champion (Academic and Non-academic League) during the 20th National Federation – Junior Philippine Institute of Accountants (NFJPIA) Eastern Visayas Regional Midyear Convention (RMYC) held on September 14-17, 2017 in Ormoc City, Leyte.
The championship went to UPVTC following exemplary results from its student delegates who bagged numerous awards from the different academic and non-academic competitions held during the convention.
Eva Cuizon, a 5th year BS Accountancy (BSA) student, was adjudged as the Most Outstanding Delegate at the RMYC for placing 1st at the Management Advisory Services (MAS) Cup and being a part of the winning team, along with fellow 5th year BSA students Rowena Ediza and Sheena Gelina, at the Audit Case Study Competition.
Archie Potol, 4th year BSA student, placed 1st in the Regulatory Framework for Business Transactions (Business Law) Cup.
Gellie Ann Estrella and Louise Espiritu, both 5th year BSA students, placed 1st and 4th, respectively, in the Taxation Cup.
The team from UPVTC also won 1st place in the Taxation Case Study Competition with 5th year BSA students Cathyrine Jabagat, Kevin Cabacang, and Kimberly Pacle as team members.
UPVTC at the same time won 2nd place at the MAS Case Study Competition with 5th year BSA students Frances Gilber, Michael Go, and Guillles Gorillo as team members.
Additionally, the team from UPVTC also tied with the team from the University of Eastern Philippines for 1st place at the Ultimate Battle of the JPIAns.
The other winners from UPVTC at the RMYC are as follows:
- Mayona Alcala, Alvin Jacinto, Lester Arnado, and Jo Jeremy Just Lim (BSA 3 students) – 1st Place, Siniratura Mural Painting Contest
- Lyra Jean Gadin (BSA 3) – 1st Place, Siniratura Essay Writing Contest
- Christine Mae Roa (BSA 4) – 1st Place, Soduko Challenge; and 2nd Place, Abstract Reasoning Challenge
- Pauline Campanero (BSA 4) – 1st Place, Memory Retention Challenge
- CathyrineJabagat (BSA 5) – 2nd Place, Calculator Challenge
- Rajiv Macasimbar (BSA 3) – 2nd Place, Bookkeeper of the Year Competition
- Jo Jeremy Just Lim (BSA 3) – 4th Place, Bookkeeper of the Year Competition
- Alvin Jacinto (BSA 5) – 2nd Place, Advanced Financial Accounting and Reporting (AFAR) Cup
- JoemarCodilla (BSA 5) – 4th Place, Advanced Financial Accounting and Reporting (AFAR) Cup
- Denmark Dichosa (BSA 4) – 3rd Place, Financial Accounting and Reporting (FAR) Cup
- Sheena Mae Gelina (BSA 5) – 4th Place, Auditing Cup
- Queenie de Guzman (BSA 5) – 5th Place, Management Advisory Services (MAS) Cup
The winners were given medals, plaques, certificates, and various books and review materials as prizes.
This year’s RMYC theme, “UPGRADE: Two Decades of Unrelenting Pursuit Towards Greatness, Reaching Meaningful Altitudes, and Developing Exemplar JPIAns,” reflects the organization's commitment of advancing inclusive growth through holistic excellence, both in academics and non-academics.